Today is World Water Day!
- About 1 billion people still lack access to an improved water supply
- There are about 2 million deaths per year from diarrhoeal disease attributed to unsafe water, sanitation and hygiene.
- More than 50 countries still report Cholera to the WHO. Haiti joined these ranks in 2010.
- 4% of the global disease burden could be prevented by improving water supplies and sanitation and hygiene practices.
- About 4500 children die each day from water related illness and poor sanitation.
Today on World Water Day would you consider making a donation to Clean Water for Haiti so we can help people be free of water borne disease? Go to our website to donate.
From all of us at Clean Water for Haiti – THANK YOU!